Keep Farmers Farming
Be Positively Local®
Five Acre Farms brings the best-tasting local food to grocery stores, restaurants and food shops. We find outstanding farmers using sustainable practices, pay them fairly and tell their stories. Focused on dairy, our products are milk, half & half, heavy cream, buttermilk, yogurt, kefir, cage free eggs, apple juice, apple sauce and seasonal apple cider. Everything is sourced and produced within 275 miles.
But local is about more than just distance.
Being Positively Local® means knowing where our food comes from and what practices and processes were used along the way. It means paying farmers fairly to support their responsible farming and business practices. Local means growing the region’s economy and actively participating in the community. It means restoring the connection between farmer and customer.
Five Acre Farms is committed to:
- Keeping farmers farming. We pay our farmers fairly – and directly – a price that’s above the market rate and reflects what it costs them to make high-quality food, hire and treat people properly, take care of their animals and protect the environment.
- Improving access to local. We bring the best local food to grocery stores and price our products so as many people as possible can buy local.
- Connecting you and your farmer. When you buy Five Acre Farms, you know exactly where your food comes from and can be sure that the farmers who made it adhere to sustainable practices. We vet them so you don’t have to.
- Promoting local economies. We create jobs across the region by partnering with local farmers and processors and doing business with local vendors.
- Improving the environment. Our farmers have higher standards when it comes to our founding principles of protecting groundwater, replenishing soils and conserving energy.
- Preserving farmland. Through our work with farmers, we are supporting more than 5,000 acres of farmland in New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont.